What is Acupuncture?
A traditional Chinese medicine technique that has been practiced for 2000 years with an aim to rebalance the body and mind. Thin hair-like needles are inserted into acupuncture points which are located all over the body running along pathways known as meridians. Through these meridians, vital energies flow (Qi) throughout the body and should there be a disruption of natural flow this may lead to illness. The flow may be disrupted through emotional stress, lack of exercise, poor diet, overwork and excessive lifestyle.
With acupuncture, the aim is to restore the natural flow and rebalance the body and mind. Each acupuncture treatment is tailormade to the individual, taking into consideration constitutional strengths and weaknesses.
How can acupuncture help you?
People seek acupuncture for many different reasons, due to chronic or acute pain or illness, for fertility, emotional and mental issues or digestive issues. Whatever your issue, acupuncture will help to rebalance the body and restore the natural flow of Qi.
Acupuncture is beneficial for many different conditions from arthritis, anxiety, pain management, migraine, menstrual and hormone imbalance, fertility, menopausal symptoms, sleep disturbance, COPD, Chronic fatigue syndrome, hayfever, back pain, digestion issues, nausea and vomiting, neck pain to name but a few........
A full list and research on acupuncture can be found on the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) website.
What can I expect at my first appointment?
Some new patients are a little nervous until I explain what to expect.
We will discuss your current symptoms and take a full medical history, before looking at your tongue and taking radial pulses, I may also look at your posture and range of movement and palpate you tummy to enable diagnosis from a Chinese medicine perspective. I will have also pre-prepared your personal constitutional chart which will indicate to me your core strengths and weaknesses.
Taking both your charts and diagnosis into consideration I will then select a personalised treatment for you. I will then explain where the needles will be placed. The needles are very fine, sterile, single-use needles which will be inserted and left for approximately 20 mins.
During this time you will be able to relax, you may feel some sensation upon the needle insertion but this usually passes quickly and differs from person to person but it is often painless.
After treatment, you may feel energised or more relaxed, again this depends on the individual. We will be able to discuss how many treatments are recommended for symptom relief. Many people report improvement after one or two sessions and then return for regular maintenance treatments.
Facial Enhancement Acupuncture.
Also known as cosmetic acupuncture or acupuncture facial rejuvenation, and sometimes called an acupuncture facelift. It is the use of traditional acupuncture to slow the signs of ageing in your face and rejuvenate your skin to bring back your natural glow.
Facial Enhancement acupuncture is a great choice for people wanting to give their skin a little boost, but not wanting to inject Botox, fillers.
Top ten benefits of choosing facial enhancement acupuncture rather than a chemical or surgical option:
1. Facial enhancement acupuncture increases the circulation in your skin as we age this circulation becomes sluggish.
2. Facial enhancement acupuncture brings all those nutrient goodies like collagen and elastin back to your face.
3. The increased circulation translates into better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift around sagging jowls and baggy eyes.
4. It is safe has NO side effects, other than the occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week.
5. Your health benefits from the sessions during facial enhancement acupuncture treatment, I will also address health concerns. Because beautiful skin is linked to good health. Your skin won't be beautiful, glowing if you are in ill health.
6. Facial enhancement acupuncture can be effective in treating acne, eczema, and rosacea.
7. It’s relaxing, acupuncture increases the release of endorphins. This means that from the time you’re on the table for hours, and sometimes days after your treatment, you’ll feel more mellow, rested, and less stressed.
8. Facial enhancement acupuncture is chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process.9. You will spend less on facial enhancement acupuncture than you would on plastic surgery or the injectable route.
10. There is no downtime with facial enhancement acupuncture, you can have a treatment at lunchtime and head back to work glowing and relaxed.